We develop policy recommendations for bustard conservation that are founded on scientific research and effective in the local cultural and economic context.
- Led efforts to increase conservation of the Great Bustard in Asia via the Convention on Migratory Species. In 2014 we worked with the Government of Mongolia to successfully advance a proposal to heighten the level of protection afforded to the Great Bustard by the Convention globally. In 2017, we again partnered with the Government of Mongolia to initiate a three-year period of Concerted Action for the Great Bustard in Asia.
- Organized a conference that brought together researchers and representatives of conservation organizations from nine countries to develop strategies for the conservation of the Great Bustard conservation across Asia.
- Contributed to the designation of seven Great Bustard sites in Central Asia as Bird Life International Important Bird Areas (IBAs), e.g. Selenge-Teel.
- Report on the Implementation of the Concerted Action for the Asian Population of Great Bustard (and proposal for extension). CMS COP13
- Averting the extinction of bustards in Asia. Forktail
- Proposal for a Concerted Action for the Asian Great Bustard already listed on Appendix I and II of the Convention. CMS COP12
- Proposal for the Inclusion of the Global Population of the Great Bustard in CMS Appendix I. CMS COP11